About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Friday 4 March 2011

Tablescapes

Our wedding reception is in a white room...so with a white dress, white walls and white tableclothes our guests could begin to feel like they were inside a cloud...not to mention the dreaded chair covers if I had opted for them. With this in mind I am thinking of buying into a trend that you see much more in America, coloured or patterned tableclothes. In the spirit of this blog I am thinking of aquiring some 'once loved' ;) tableclothes and dying them to tie in with my (our) colour palette. Dylon dies for example are not what they used to be, they are really easy to use and don't (and I have tried it) wreck your washing machine. Also I've shopped around a bit and I think that Dunelm Mill on Boucer Road have by far the biggest and cheapest selection, and don't forget to buy the salt (I thought the supermarket would have it cheaper, but to be honest it's not and also the Dunelm packets are perfectly measured for what you need). x

No comments:

Post a Comment