About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Friday 25 March 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends...

Just a quick post today (went a bit post crazy yesterday). I'm trying to keep this wedding as stress free, personal and well straight forward as possible, and to this end it is always worth sitting back and taking stock of what you need and what is the best way to meet this need. For example, my lovely friend Sandy who is a graphic designer in New York has offered to design our invite suite as our gift. I've asked another friend who is a beautiful illustrator to illustrate the maps for the invites that will guide guests from the chapel to the reception, and I have my lovely cousin Emily Rose Conlon singing in the chapel and doing my bridal makeup. So, sit back, sip some wine and take stock of all the lovely friends and family who I know will love to help out and take part...Mmm, I get high with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends. P.S Recently married friends can also be a great source of recommendations, stockists and time and money savers to help you weed out the bad experiences. Learn from their mistakes or their successes! (NB: Image from Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment