About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Thursday 24 March 2011

Local Flower Fairy

A bit late posting this as the appointment was Saturday a week ago. But anyway on that Saturday we went to see the lovely Siobhan at Flower in Dunmurry. Siobhan had done the flowers for a few friends’ weddings, and they were all beautiful and bespoke to each bride's wedding style and themes. So with eager anticipation we visited her and were not disappointed in terms of her service and knowledge. Siobhan spent a good hour/hour and half discussing themes, colours, seasonal flowers ways to save money and ways to get a similar look to say peonies without the hefty price tag. She also had local knowledge of the chapel we are marrying in which was helpful and created a lovely experience for us. Siobhan's background is in art and I think this helps to sidestep some bouquet disasters. She was delighted to discuss all my likes and dislikes and I felt very comfortable leaving that she would come back with suggestions we would like. (NB: Flower Pic not actually Siobhan's) To see some of her work visit her on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment