About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Twinkle, twinkle little star


Woohoo new post (don't know if anyone else is excited, but I am). Busy isn't even a word, so I'm back and blogging. So today I'm writing about sparkly wedding bits. Mostly because I really need to locate a particular item myself and have been looking at a few sites (can't tell you which items, giving enough away already!) What I have found is that there are a few tasteless companies & designers jumping on the 'Vintage' bandwagon and I can't see the pearl for the faux pearl to save myself. I've seen more than enough junk put together in bridal boutiques, made of glass beads and fishing wire and called 'vintage' than I can cope with! Also, a lot of the stuff is so bright, sparkly and seriously tacky! So I've discovered a few sites that aren't too bad, Liberty in Love, particularly the items by Stephanie Browne, also Glitzy Secrets and Ebuni.com. Or if you do want the real deal there is also the Decadence Vintage Bridal Fair on June 12th at Malone House. Last time I was there there was a lady who can also make you any bridal jewllery you desire. So if you have also found any good sources for wedding jewellery I would be delighted to hear from you? You can look on ebay, but type in vintage or antique and you will get a back a disaster list of irrelevant rubbish...so enough rant from me, I'm off shopping! :)

2 comments:

  1. Where are these earrings from? They are dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab blog! We stock many of Stephanie Browne's pieces - next day delivery available to N Ireland!

    ReplyDelete