About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Ghost Town

As you may have read from a previous post, I visited quite a few bridal shops in Northern Ireland while deciding on 'The One'. As I was driving past Forever Bridal, Finaghy I seen one of them in the window and my heart did a little flip. Not because I wished I'd picked that dress, but because going in hopeful, trying on dresses and going home and thinking them over, breeds an emotional attachment. Perhaps that's why that girl ended up with 9 dresses on her wedding day! It reminds me of that episode of Sex and the City when Carrie talks about the ghosts of relationships past...I now feel like greater Belfast is littered with the flings of dresses I've loved and left! So in the spirit of this I thought I'd share with you the dress that started it all and some of the memorable dresses and where I tried them in the city.

The bride that started it all...
Ivanka Trump in Vera Wang!
Esther by Vera Wang
at Selfridges, London (£££££)
Felisha by Enzoni at
The Bridal Suite, Holywood (£££)
Hemera by Jenny Packham at
Blush Boutique, Lisburn Road (££££)
Wallis Simspon by David Fielden at
Blush Boutique, Lisburn Road (£££)
T450, Jasmine Bridal at
Haven Bridal Studio, Moira (££)
 Beatrice by Sassi Holford at
Bows Bridal Boutique (£££)
2052 by Tara Keely at
 Petticoat Lane Bridal Boutique
Hillsborough(£££)
 Honey by Mia Mia at
Petticoat Lane Bridal, Hillsborough (£££)
 Jesus Peiro at Forever Bridal Boutique,
Finaghy (££)
 Lusan Mandongus at
Forever Bridal, Finaghy (££)
Clio by Jenny Packham at
Castle Couture, Galgorm (£££)
Jenny Packham at
Castle Couture, Galgorm (£££)
Jenny Packham at
Castle Couture, Galgorm (£££)


2 comments:

  1. I've tried on 3 of your dresses!!! Loved the David Fielden, swoon! What dress did you wera in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site.
    Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete