About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Engagement Shoot with Campbell Photography


Through this blog (yippee!) I had a really lovely message from the even lovelier Kristi Nicole Campbell offering me an engagement photoshoot. This is something done more often (again) in America than here but here's a few reasons it is really a lovely idea and very useful. For starters it is an informal way for you and your fiancĂ©e to get more comfortable posing, kissing (ooh) and canoodling in front of the camera (kinda hard to pretend they're not there ) & it is also a way of recording this lovely, exciting period of anticipation before the big day. Like everything it will be over before you know it. So, Kristi proposed the idea and I said yes of course, especially when she sent me a link to her previous work on flickr . Kristi & her husband Neal make up Campbell Photography and together they are both a wonderful couple (who met on flickr admiring each others work...very sweet) and a dream team for wedding photography. They shoot on film and digital and the quality of the film photos they take is just beautiful, shooting on an old vintage american camera. I think I need a whole separate post on how the shoot was organised and how it worked but below is just a little taster of the moodboard of my own initial thoughts for the shoot and the quite surprisingly gorgeous results! If they can do this for two hung-over people...what could they do for your wedding photographs!! x (Just a preview...more to come)




No comments:

Post a Comment