About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Thursday 31 March 2011

Going to the Chapel & We're Gonna Get Married!

Not sure if any of you out there have or are going to do any kind of pre-marriage course, but having completed part A of ours last night I would definitely say it is something worth doing, even if you just decided to have some drinks and chat through some thoughts you have yourself. I was actually amazed at what a nervous wreck I became just as we sat down at the table. My heart started to pound and I went a wee bit lightheaded...but that all passed once we got into it. Think it was just the proximity to the chapel and the reality of ticking the 5mths to wedding box! We were lucky that our course is a just a questionnaire that is then sent off, analysed and the results presented back. But I have to say that I can see the positives. It does a few things, reaffirms all of the things that are strong and great about your relationship, but it also highlights the things you maybe haven't discussed in final detail. Like for example, have you discussed and agreed your approach to savings and debt, or would you be able to accept if your partner couldn't have children. Our evening afterwards was spent discussing and chatting how we each approached answers, and I have to say (without any of you throwing up please) those kind of chats can only bring you closer to the wedding and each other. As one very forceful bridal boutique owner said (when I mentioned that a dress I was trying on felt very serious)...'it doesn't get much more serious than this honey' (gulp)! So it's at least worth a chat about how you feel about some of the big things that life brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment