About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Thursday 19 May 2011

Suits you Sir!


I have a rather laid back (read he has decided seeing that the budget is heavily weighted towards me, then so are the tasks) groom who has decided to be very particular about certain things, one being his suit. I showed him some skinny boys in very cool modern suits (which the wedding magazines are full off, but how many Northern Irish fellas can pull that off, right?) and he just sniffed and said they weren't wedding suits! So I did a little dig and showed him a range of suits...turns out in his head a wedding suit is a morning suit! Go figure. So he's booked morning suits, if that's his thing it works for me, and to be honest as a rugby loving fella it suits him too (pardon all the puns). Next up, I was ticking off things that are done and mentioned a pocket square...which he straightaway said, yep that's what he wants...who'da thought...I just assumed (and why would I) that he would go for a boutonniere. Ah well, I think I'll go with whatever he wants as it isn't just about me & I'd hate it if it was, and it really does feels lovely to have his wishes included.

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of wedding suits to choose from if you want to get wed. Find the one you really want to make that day extra special.

    ReplyDelete