About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Friday 25 February 2011

Perfect Bridal Boutique

I started out thinking I was going to flick through lovely magazines, spot my dress and maybe try 3 bridal shops one sunny day, before my mum would cry at me in the perfect dress, we'd all go for champagne and that would be it, decision made. Didn't happen! First bridal appointment someone crashed into my sister's car while we were in the appointment and then drove off without a word! Another appointment the electricity went out in the whole block while I was standing in the full dress and veil. Finally one appointment (and probably better, if I don't say where) I tried on a dress and got a nose bleed, leaving two tiny specks of blood down the front of the dress. This all might all seem bad...but I think it was all leading me through 12, yes 12 bridal boutiques to my perfect boutique Castle Couture ! Here I found a beautiful collection of Jenny Packham and David Fielden dresses and the lovely owners, including Marie, who include all your fittings free when you buy your dress there. I was only recommended this place late in my dress shopping by two married girls, and I'd rather tell you now than have you suffer through some of the horrible dresses you could do. Other boutiques with lovely people and lovely dresses include Bows Bridal, Blush, Forever Bridal and Petticoat Lane. x

No comments:

Post a Comment