About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

A Gal with a Plan...

 
Sunday night I was reading Grazia and the journalist was yattering on about reasons she is not married. Anyway that's grand, but one comment struck me when she started discussing the crazy prices of wedding dressses relative to other purchases. and I thought in a way she's right. I've always said my ultimate gift to self would be a Chanel 2.55 handbag and I have to say I currently could not justify that, but on the otherhand I'm pretty much spending that on my wedding dress. So...there in lies the plan! My dress is by one of the main fashion bridalwear designers at the minute and so far I've spotted it either in ads or fashion stories in Elle Sposa, Vogue Sposa, Brides etc etc, so I think post wedding I will sell my dress (so that some other lovely bride can use it) and with the proceeds buy myself a Chanel 2.55. This way the idea of parting with my wedding dress and all the lovely memories will be all wrapped up in a beautiful classic bag that will never date? See, perfect! x

No comments:

Post a Comment