About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Monday 21 February 2011

I hate chair covers!

I 'm not sure who the Bridal Bill Gates was, but someone somewhere decided to tell everyone that the chairs in their wedding receptions weren't good enough and that we should all start covering the chairs in dust sheets and tying coordinating bows on them. Now...this would be fine if we have options, but here in NI I haven't seen too many. So I was lucky enough to have done a bit of work with a company McLaughlin Event Hire and recently decided to see if they hire chairs. To my delight :) they hire chairs that they call their 'chiv green lime chair' which doesn't sound to romantic, but is the picture perfect chair that I've seen in every American movie I've ever fallen in love with. The chairs are pictured with a green cushion, but speaking to Peter and Paddy they actually come with an ivory chair seat. These chairs are particularly pretty in a smaller or marquee or outdoor venue as they don’t bulk up the space like the dust sheets and bows can. UPDATE: I have now started a new business which hires these chairs in limewash white or in gold, both with ivory seat pads, to hire contact Grace & Saviour x

No comments:

Post a Comment