About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome. I'm a bride in Belfast who grew up on Father of the Bride and dreams of a wedding at the Plaza or an outdoor ceremony in a private home in Nantucket. I've big dreams and a little budget. So with this blog I hope to share with you how I'm trying to get a very personal, bespoke, luxurious wedding in Northern Ireland with a little budget squeezing and creativity. Or as I have come to see it a Vera Wang wedding on a Walmart budget.

Wednesday 18 May 2011

French Manicure

Ok not that manicure...and can I give a wee word of advice, don't do the nail stick on, extensions whatever...a good friend of mine and beautiful bride said to me at her wedding, as she looked forlorn at her nails...I wish I could take these off, they feel so false and they're sore'...not how you want to feel (Take note, same applies for heavy wedding dresses, another friend just couldn't wait to get that off...not how you want to feel about that dress you spent forever dreaming about and picking!). So instead I'm taking a 'Vogue Idea' from an article I read by a lovely and very sophisticated former french model who said use Dior Crème Abricot Fortifying Cream For Nails and you will never need a manicure (she did also say it will wreck your bed sheets...but sure so does red wine). Another lovely bride also recommended Perfectil Skin, Hair & Nails (available at all good chemists and usually 3 for 2) which she started 1mth before her wedding, and I can vouch, her skin was perfect(il) ha! So I think overall approc £17.00 for the creme & £15.00 for your supplements tallies up well compared with a salon based budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment